Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Perfect End To The Perfect Season

I know I have been MIA recently - this is possibly the busiest time of year for a youth pastor and his family: the end of school. I promise to update more later, but I could not let this day end without sharing this:



THEY DID IT! This sweet group of boys went undefeated for the perfect t-ball season! (I think that may be very much like the perfect storm.....just a thought) These past few months will remain as some of my most favorite memories when I am old and gray! The look on my child's face as he crosses home plate, the way he pats his team mates on the helmet as they cross home plate, and the sight of my husband as the "dug out dad" - PRICELESS!

Lots more updates to come later, but just couldn't not stop in to say...........



"Boys, baseball is a game where you gotta have fun. You do that by winning." ~ Dave Bristol

And winning they did today! They won the 2011 Oneonta T-Ball Tournament

Before I go, here are our thoughts on the situation:

Stephanie:
"A baseball game is simply a nervous breakdown divided into nine innings" ~ Earl Wilson

Matt:
"You owe it to yourself to be the best you can possibly be – in baseball and in life." ~ Pete Rose

Davis:
"The saddest day of the year is the day baseball season ends." ~ Tommy Lasorda

So, its all over for us. I will miss spending my Tuesday and Thursday evenings with these precious boys and their families. There have been new friendships made, old friendships strengthened, and three lifetimes worth of memories made. So, farewell T-Ball season 2011 - you have been a dear friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment