Friday, August 19, 2011

Canada Eh?


Back in July Matt, Davis, Matt's mom, brother and I all packed our bags and headed north for the trip of a lifetime. Over the next few days I hope to blog about our trip. We packed in so much, each stop could have been a vacation in and of itself, but I will attempt to squeeze in all our memories for you to share. PREPARE FOR PICTURE OVERLOAD!

Up first on the agenda was Canada and Niagara Falls

After we got there and got checked into our room, Matt, Davis and I went exploring.....we found some running water....



We then rode this moving contraption down the mountain to get a closer look at the Falls



My two most favorite people in the whole wide world.....



What a cool picture......the rainbow was BEAUTIFUL!



That night we ate supper at the restaurant in our hotel, The Keg. It overlooked the falls and the food was just as good as the view. I almost feel bad saying the food was good.....it was quite possibly the best meal I might have ever had!







The next morning, we decided to do a little shopping before we went touring. Davis found something that is essential to any trip to Niagara Falls....moose binoculars



You know Matt had to give it a try



Even Grannie needed a turn!



Our tour consisted of three stops. Three of the most beloved attractions in Niagara. Our first stop was the butterfly house. I did not include any of the 62 pictures from inside the house, just because I don't know how many pictures I can upload in one post, but I will include this picture. Davis and I in front of a Maple Tree. These trees are magnificent!



Up next was The Maid of the Mist



Waiting to board the boat



Two peas in a pod



The view from the middle of the falls



The final stop of the tour was the Skylon tower 775 feet above the falls. Absolutely breathtaking!





That was round one of the Great North American Adventure. And it was obviously tiring.......




But oh so worth it! Up next.....Gettysburg!






No comments:

Post a Comment