Wednesday, March 30, 2011

They Say It's Your Birthday

A few weeks ago, we celebrated a very special day. Davis turned 7. Where have those years gone? Davis wanted us to bring a special snack to his classroom (is anyone picking up on a theme) He choose Cheeze-its, apples and Capri Sun. The food triangle of a kindergartener. I could not take apples, and not have Rosemary's delicious apple dip, so Rosie made us a big container of that as well (mostly for Mrs. Anderson and I)

Here is Davis at school, eating his special birthday snack and wearing the Birthday Hat



It's the little things in life....I was a little worried that when we left Davis would want to go with us, but he quickly disappeared. You see, when it's your birthday you get to skip nap time and play on the computer. I think he was just a little excited about skipping nap. Little does he know, in just a few short years, he will be willing to trade just about anything to have that nap time back.

Davis got some new Star Wars toys



He had a very special birthday cake









Now - here is the part where you say "Wow - you are a terrible mom" - but I don't do birthday parties. I did a party for the first and second birthday, and don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade those memories for all the money in the world. BUT - it is so expensive and stressful, that we have decided to go another route. We let Davis choose anywhere he wants to go, and we take a little trip.

At three, we went to Disney World (not so much cheaper than a party - but oh so much more fun!)



At four, we went to the Georgia Aquarium




At five, we went to the beach




At six, we were back to the Georgia Aquarium




And at seven......Davis chose a Hockey Game






If you look very closely at these next two pictures, above the score board, at the running scroll, you will see Davis' Happy Birthday message. "Happy Birthday Davis! We love you! Daddy and Mommy"






So Happy Birthday Day to you my precious child! You are loved more than you will ever know!

"Before you were conceived -I wanted you
Before you were born - I loved you
Before you were here an hour -I would give my life for you
This is the miracle of love."
~ Maureen Hawkins

"If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you have made me smile, the entire evening sky would be in the palm of my hand" ~ Unknown

"You are the poem I dreamed of writing
the masterpiece I longed to paint.
You are the shining star I reached for
In my ever hopeful quest for life fulfilled...
You are my child.
Now with all things I am blessed."
~Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment