Thursday, June 16, 2011

Big Apple Adventure!

Last week at FBC Oneonta was VBS.....my second most favorite week of the year (a close second behind D-Now week)

Each year as Davis gets older, I love VBS a little more. It was SO beautiful to hear Davis retell each day's Bible Story every night before bed. I can definitely see that God is stirring our child's heart - and there is nothing more precious to witness!

I say this each year "I don't know how LifeWay can outdo this year! This was the BEST! And next year's looks so odd" (yes I said this last year after Good News Stampede - "New York????? That is CRAZY!!!") - but you know what - THEY DID IT!!!! Big Apple Adventure is in my top five VBS EVER! (Don't know if anything could ever beat Amazon Outfitters) The music was so moving this year! I am so thankful to be a part of a church that teaches my child to say:

" You said Go, so I will Go!
You said Tell, so I will Tell!
Jesus I will do whatever it takes
To bring Glory to Your Name!"

I still get tears in my eyes as I think of my child singing those words!

Davis had THE most wonderful Bible Study teacher - Mrs. Alicia! and THE most wonderful guides Shelby, Emily, Zack, Briana, Rosemary and Annette! Mrs. Alicia and Shelby had their cameras and captured some of the VBS highlights for us to enjoy!

Some of the Kindergarteners in Bible Study



What would VBS be without crafts?



Or snacks?



Or Worship Rally?



Or friends? This is actually a little reunion of sorts....all of these children were in Mrs. Anderson's Kindergarten class at OES and Shelby was a Teacher's Aide for her




This day was quite the scene.....for some odd reason, LifeWay decided to include a rap song in this year's music. Let me just say up front, we are a very white church, with very white rhythm! It was SO funny to watch and listen to these kids (and adults) attempt this music! The highlight of this day was my sweet friend Susan! Susan went back to her days living in Chicago and bust out some saggin' jeans and do-rags! The children were not frightened at all by "DJ Suzy Sue" but some of the adults were! Ha! It was quite the show!



Friday afternoon practice for Family Night



Then came Sunday - Family Night! The children performed a musical that went along with all they had learned the past week. They did such a great job!



‎"From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise" Psalm 8:2



Then is was off to the City Pool for pizza and swimming!



VBS week was a HUGE success with 33 salvations and/or decisions for Christ! What an amazing week! So we leave New York behind in a pile of dust, glitter and spray paint and we head on to VBS 2012: Amazing Wonders Aviation. "I don't know how LifeWay can outdo this year! This was the BEST! And next year's looks so odd" Oh well - hoping to be pleasantly surprised - VBS has a way of doing that!

"Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them fade from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them." Deuteronomy 4:9

No comments:

Post a Comment