Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Music

Anyone who knows me well knows that I LOVE Christmas music! I listen to it all year long, much to the disdain of my dear, sweet husband. I am never far from my Steven Curtis Chapman Christmas CD. That has been a staple in my life since it was only available on tape - and that has been a LONG time!

Well....I have some shocking news.....I have a new favorite Christmas CD. Here it is.....





I LOVE Chris Tomlin! I LOVE the whole Passion movement! Matt and I will be attending Passion Atlanta 2011 in January and we are ten years older than the "recommended" age! I just refuse to grow up I guess. I digress... Back to the main point....I really enjoy when Chris Tomlin releases a new cd. This cd was like gold to me.....Chris Tomlin and Christmas music, could I really ask for more. It actually came out last year, I loved it, listened to it frequently at Christmas and then forgot about it.

Then today I was humming Christmas songs while folding laundry and these words came to my mind:

What hope we hold this starlit night
A King is born in Bethlehem
Our journey long, we seek the light
That leads to the hallowed manger ground


I had to go dig out this cd and have fallen in love with these songs! Wow! If you want a true worship experience this Christmas season hop on over to itunes and download the album! Or...somehow my mom got the cd at Lifeway for $5.00. If you do neither of those, just enjoy these beautiful lyrics to my new favorite Christmas song:

Emmanuel

What hope we hold this starlit night
A King is born in Bethlehem
Our journey long, we seek the light
That leads to the hallowed manger ground

What fear we felt in the silent age
Four hundred years can He be found
But broken by a baby's cry
Rejoice in the hallowed manger ground

Emmanuel, Emmanuel
God incarnate here to dwell
Emmanuel, Emmanuel
Praise His name Emmanuel


The son of God, here, born to bleed
A crown of thorns would pierce His brow
And we beheld this offering
Exalted now the King of kings
Praise God for the hallowed manger ground

Emmanuel, Emmanuel
God incarnate here to dwell
Emmanuel, Emmanuel
Praise His name Emmanuel
Praise His name Emmanuel

Oh, praise His name Emmanuel

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite cd's too. Have it right here lying on my desk.

    ReplyDelete