Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Southern Baptist Convention

In June, Matt, Davis and I headed to Orlando, Florida for our very first Southern Baptist Convention. Here are some pictures from the trip....ENJOY!



This was lunch our very first day at the convention. You can see we had to eat in the floor. Just a few people were there.




I had to include this picture because it is so stinkin' cute!!!! That is CapriSun in there....not coffee!




This is ALL Davis wanted to do! And for those of you that know Davis...this is a BIG deal!




The picture you have all been waiting for.....Daddy in the "gobbles" Does it really get any better than this?




Mommy and Davis after swimming




This is Raleigh. He is one of Matt's college ministers for the Charleston Metro area, but more than that he is our friend! We LOVE Raleigh. He is so much fun to be with, but also such an awesome Christian. Most importantly, he thinks Davis hung the moon. The feeling is mutual as well. Davis' prayer time included "thank you God for the pool and Raleigh" on more than one occasion this week!



We decided to take a trip to DisneyQuest while in the Orlando area. You all know we are a Disney Family, but we could not bring ourselves to go to the park while in Orlando, so DisneyQuest was the next best thing. I highly recommend this if you are traveling to the area. Fun stuff. This is just one of the MANY pictures I took while we were there. I chose only this one for two reasons: 1 - I know you really don't want to see twenty pictures of us playing games, but 2 - this was so cool. it was like human pinball using the Mighty Ducks. You stood behind those duck-looking things and competed against fifteen other people. Davis came in THIRD place!!! And the other fourteen people were all adults! He was the ONLY child!




After DisneyQuest we ate at T-Rex. So awesome. It is like the Rainforest Cafe, but with Dinos. Super cool!





The restaurant is divided into different rooms, each representing different dinosaur "ages" I guess this was the frozen age.


Now let me say....it looks like we only did fun stuff and we did do A LOT of fun things, but we did actually go to the convention. I just don't think you want to see any pictures of a bunch of Southern Baptists sitting around - but I can post those if you want!!!

1 comment:

  1. Steph -- I think you're a GREAT blogger! Tell Doug to hush! And I'll have to make a trip to Hurricane so we can have a blogger 101 class. Here's a little tip, have Matt download Window's Live Writer for you. It makes blogging so much easier and you can add your pics in a snap... or click, whichever!

    I KNEW y'all would be at the SBC! But I'm shocked.... no Disney? I bet you have a trip planned! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete